Old 31-07-2007, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fig and Passion fruit

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message
Hi..

Ate my first fig and passion fruit from respectively the
garden and the greenhouse yesterday :~))))

Have been thinking about figs since 2005 but I thought it
were a fairy-tale that they would grow in Central Europe.
How long do you cultivate it and what are your experiences
in winter..?

I have mine in a LARGE pot on my roof garden. It comes throught the winter
without any protection. I think it would even better if it were in the

soil.
Picture of it on my home page (bottom of the page behind the chairs)
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/gardenroof.htm

The passion fruit was a complete surprise when it started producing fruit
this year! I orgininaly grew it for the flowers :~))

BTW: Did a Google search and found this:
http://www.baumschule-plattner.de/en/index.htm
Now I know what will happen..! :-)
Marco

Try one and see how you get on :~)
Jenny

Which Passion fruit Jenny? We have been eating P antioquiensis fruit for a
few weeks now but they take ages to ripen, but are rather nice, its one of
the banana passion fruits and has elongated fruits.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk