Old 31-07-2007, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
sylvan butler[_3_] sylvan butler[_3_] is offline

Default Chipper / Shredders

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:17:17 -0700, beecrofter wrote:
On Jul 26, 7:35 pm, Mak wrote:
and what brand should I pick? I like the Yardbeast and Bearcat in
particular because of the nice colors, but I've heard a lot of good

LOL

Downside to any is yoy gotta pick the leaves up
Of course you could just mow the leaves.

If primarily leaves and twigs with some larger stuff, I'd recommend one
that looks much like and is used like a push mower. It sucks up the
leaves and twigs, chews them up and bags the output. Much easier than
picking up all that stuff yourself and stuffing it into the chute, etc.

Of course if you are talking about significant branches, etc. then you
might want something intended to do significant chipping. I recommend
something that will handle a 4" branch. Anything that big is firewood,
but if the machine will handle it then you have a workable margin for
the 2" and smaller stuff that you'll want to chip.

sdb

--
What's seen on your screen? http://PcScreenWatch.com
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com