Old 31-07-2007, 09:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default Algae bloom from hell...

"G Pearce" wrote in message
Hi Garee - I had heard that the floating type of algae comes to the
surface in the sun and sinks at night - as far as the 50 gal container for
a filter - do you have any places around you that do food preparation,
such as canneries, etc? - I get my black 45 gal drums from a place that
makes gelatin capsules that used to hold "flax seed oil" and recycle them
($10) - you either need a new container or one that held food grade
material, not chemicals or industrial oils - mine is 6 yrs old and the 45
gal drums are thick and will last a long time

Hmmm... maybe I could at least skinm the stuff off during th eday then? That
might help.

There are a few farms and apple processing things nearby, but no BIG
processing plants at all. Gotta mess with the wife's car for the next few
days though, and that takes priority.

Temps are about 90 out right now, so I'll wait for them to drop a little
before trying to trying ti scoop out algae.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)