Old 02-08-2007, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
Peter B. Steiger Peter B. Steiger is offline

Default Ash disposal

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:55:51 -0500, Dave sez:

Only burn low print paper. Stay away from high color ink paper always.
Cellophane is oil based, don't burn it. Wood and described paper is
okay.

Well, that's a whole different topic - whether it's worth our time and
effort to individually cut out the cellophane windows that represent
(WAG) 0.1% of the paper trash we burn, or go ahead and throw it in with
the paper on the hopes that it's too small an amount to do any damage, or
just give up and throw the envelopes in the landfill - paper, plastic,
and all.

My question was not whether we should or shouldn't burn the various items
described (although I'm open to improving my priorities on that subject
as well) but whether it's safe to put the resulting ashes in our garden
or if they should be disposed of some other way.

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY