Old 02-08-2007, 12:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default What's this odd leaf? ? ?

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote in news:
:

In message pxPri.9286$Kk4.2753@trndny09, Ray
writes
Many thanks. If I plant it, will it grow into a tree?

Possibly. In Britain the commoner limes (lindens) (Tilia cordata, Tilia
platyphyllos, Tilia x vulgaris) rarely produce viable seed. I don't know
what the case is with those taxa in your locality, or with other taxa,
such as Tilia americana, in your locality.

The Linden smells divine when it blooms. The drawback is that it is a
favorite orgy spot for Japanese Beetles on the make. If you could charge
those little, horny things admission to the make-out tree, you could retire
in short order.