Old 02-08-2007, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default physan in water?

Very interesting NOOK, it's always good to know info like this, tried &
true, so to speak.
What is the pool product equivalent's brand name & do you dilute it more for
plant useage?
Thanks & Cheers,
Wendy
wrote in message
Dang it!
I wrote this long drawn out explanation and my frickin poster was
disabled on this PC so it just chunked it into space.
So let me just say this.
I use Physon or the pool supply store equivalent every single month in
my propagation room cause it can grow super mold really fast (because
of the RO water and extremely high humidity)
I mist the older seedlings with 1 tsp per gallon as well as there pot
or mount and the walls and surfaces get 1 or more Tbl per gallon. For
the young seedlings I cut the 1 tsp solution down even more.
When I soak my moss before using I soak it in Physon as well.
Don't know about s/h but I don't think I have ever lost a seedling or
plant to Physon overdose (that's not to say you can't)

NOOK

, 26 Jul 2007 07:03:55 -0700, wrote:

so i was flipping thru the new orchid digest last night and there was
a culture note in there about watering all the plants once a month
with a solution of one teaspoon physan per gallon of water, as a
preventive measure.

wisdom from the group? possible downsides? my plants are all in
bark, and sphag, or bark and sphag, with 2 in S/H.....
TIA

--j_a