Old 01-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default Climbing Red Rose?

tsmay wrote:

Thanks for all the links and guidance. I've decided to give up the
search for a red climber of this height, although I'm still going to
try and get a 16ft. rose ( I can deadhead from a chair on the porch,
hopefully, instead of a ladder). I've narrowed it down to Kew Rambler,
May Queen, or Russeliana. All are once flowering roses with a lot of
fragrance and height. Has anyone grown these?

No, but Oh, MY. Especially that Kew Rambler and that Russeliana - both
knocked my socks off simply by just their pictures. Tell me, since you
are in Long Island, from where are you going to get the Kew Rambler? It
seems to be available easily in England and in Northern Europe, but I do
not see any U. S. sources. Have you found one? Also, Russeliana sounds
and looks simply wonderful - a crimson mauve, at 6 metres' height! Oh, my.

Sounds like truly delicious selections. Good luck and fo tell us how it
all goes.

--
Radika
California