Old 01-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Wendy

Default Tag Name Question

Many thanks to y'all. I think I am going to switch to roses!!!! *g*
Cheers Wendy
"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
And usually the plants don't care what you call them G.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Al" wrote in message
an orchid by any other name is an orchid by every other name...

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
Rob is correct. But, last I heard [I am not sure I'm current on all

the
recent RHS changes], the plant would be a Bepi. [Brassoepidendrum] for
registration purposes [and I hate to imagine what the change would

e --
Rhynchocyclia???]. If you are doing further research, also keep in

mind
that Enc. adenocaula used to be Epi. nemorale.

Good growing,

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Wendy wrote:

The tag reads:- Hybrido Enc adenocaula x digbyana

Question:- Do I have to keep the word "Hybrid" or is that just for

the
grower's purpose to differentiate from a species?
Should the tag be:-
Enc. adenocaula x B. digbyana
Cheer Wendy

No, you can drop el hybrido... And technically, it really

should
be
Enc. adenocaula x Rhynch. digbiyana. As far as my version of

Wildcatt
is concerned, it isn't registered.

Rob

2a. See rule 1