Old 03-08-2007, 09:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
bent bent is offline

Default Modifying and starting with components in my earthmachine

update;
I just got a donation of a couple 1/2 full bags of dried out leaves (C),
looks like mainly apple.

So I have:
years grass (N) - two+ heavy garbage cans full (pool, so no mulching - at
least not yet)
couple 1/2 full bags of dried out leaves (C)
all the newspaper I need (C)
privat hedge clippings (a heavy batch just clipped yesterday) (N?)

SO, can I get ALL my container clean-up done by dumping everything into my
new composter (i.e. ALL 2+ cans grass)?

Even if, since I have lots of grass, and potentially a compliment N shortage
b/c of it, is it a good idea to vary the sources of the N, i.e. add hedge
clippings too even though I have lots of N in the form of grass already?