Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gregoire Kretz Gregoire Kretz is offline

Default Rhubarb Rhubarb Rhubarb!!!!!!

Dgethin wrote:

I have been trying to kill a patch of rhubarb, weed killer won't do it, so I
have been trying to dig it out (down to 4 foot), and it still goes down
further than that.
Is there a easy way to do it.

Maybe cutting off the leaves everytime they appear will help? I
understand there may be a nice backup stored in the roots, but they're
only half the feeding system so perhaps you can exaust your plant into
extinction. I heard they liked a lot of compost, so maybe not using that
either. Good luck!

(although why someone would want to do without rhubarb is beyond me.
)

Greg

--

No ficus = no spam