Old 03-08-2007, 08:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Shy bees

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:20:22 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Omelet expounded:

I thought this was kinda cute as her head is covered with pollen:

That's a very happy bee, covered with that good stuff! G

She was hard to capture too. ;-) Bindweed produces a LOT blooms!
And I never realized how hard bees were to photograph until I started
trying. They are shy!

I was shooting a bumblebee on a white petunia yesterday and it was
*not* shy. He drove me away several times!

Got him though when he was buried deep inside the blossom!;-)

Charlie

Gonna post it? :-)

I had an odd type of bumble here once that laid egg masses on the wire
fencing around the henyard. I watched one do it.

Unfortunately, I did not have a digicam at the time.

Large black and yellow, not aggressive unless you messed with the\m.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.