Old 04-08-2007, 11:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Riding lawn mower problem

"Jack" wrote in message
I have a Poulan Pro riding lawn mower. It has just started having a
problem that I need help diagnosing. It is some kind of a fuel
problem and is related to the position of the mower while cutting. My
land is sloped and, when cutting the following happens.
If I am cutting across the slope and my left side is on the downhill
side of the slope, the mower gets plenty of gas and works perfectly.
If I am cutting across the slope and my right side is on the downhill
slope, it slows down and seems to lack power. It almost slows to a
stop. The fuel pump is mounted on the left side of the engine. Any
thoughts about what is going on will be appreciated. THanks

If you are sure it is a fuel pump problem - put an electric fuel pump in.
On one tractor I have it on a separate switch so I can turn it on and off as
needed. I get mine (low pressure) at NAPA. However it might have more to
do with the float than the pump.