Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default with the fruit comes the........

Manelli Family wrote:

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
CALORIES!!!!

Friend gave us some apples & blueberries a couple of days ago. Made a
scrumptious apple pie & blueberry cobbler with them.

Easy As Apple Pie:

1 pk (16 oz) deep dish piecrusts
6 cups peeled & sliced apples
3/4 cup sugar (+ tablespoon extra)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
cinnamon to taste
2 tablespoons butter (chilled, cut into pieces)
1 & 1/2 tablespoons of milk

preheat oven to 425. mix apples, sugars, flour, and cinnamon in large
bowl until apples are throughly coated. Evenly spread apple mixture
into piecrust, scatter butter pieces on top. Fit the second piecrust
over apple mixture, pressing edges to seal & flute. brush top crust
with milk. make slits in top crust to vent. sprinkle with the extra
tablespoon of sugar. bake 40-45 min or until piecrust is golden brown.

Thanks. I think I'll try this one. Sounds delicious.

you're welcome. delicious (& simple) is the best part about it. Doesn't
take long to put together also. works great in a pinch for me...when
hubby forgets to tell me we have a cook-out or dinner to go to, etc. i
hate to show up empty handed, and he has a knack for not telling me til
he suddenly remembers an hour or two before we are suppose to be there!