Old 05-08-2007, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Den speciosum

Oh no Pat, throw them my way if you must. Will even pay for shipping! *G*
Cheers Wendy
"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
g.com...
Not good, not good. I have a couple of flasks worth of plants of Den
speciosum X Den Ira Butler that I was hoping to start seeing flowers on
this winter. They already are the largest plants in my Den section.
Sounds like it might be a few more years; more repotting and larger pots.
My question is just how cold do they need to get to set spikes. I am
growing them in a greenhouse which does not go below 62 F. The kingianum
and its hybrids bloom fine in this greenhouse. I have a couple of flasks
of Den speciosum X Den Ivory in 3 inch pots and am wondering if I should
cut and run. There is always room for one more plant in the compost pile.

Pat