Old 05-08-2007, 04:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Dave is offline

Default Lawnmowers with recycling

"John G Evans" wrote in message
I would be grateful for help on the selection of mowers which recycle the
cuttings. Recommendations on make, choice of drive (petrol or electric)
and advice on what to avoid would be most welcome. Thank you.
J. G. Evans,
Derbyshire.

I have a new Bolens mower with a B&S engine. It is a mulcher, I don't use
the rear bagger. Does well on St. Augustine and Bermuda grass regarding
mulching. However, there is very fine bladed grass on the property it cuts,
but doesn't mulch very well. I like the fact is does not have a side
discharge, can border cut with either side of the mower.

Keep the blade sharp, and the underside of the deck free of debris to do
mulching effectively. When washing any petrol engine mower down, disconnect
the spark plug. The spark plug connector and spark plug are of dissimilar
metals. This leads to corrosion if water is left at the spark plug and
connector location. Will make the engine less responsive, or, at worst,
won't run at all.
Dave