Old 01-04-2003, 10:08 PM
ned

Default pigeon problem

bigboard wrote:
Derek Turner wrote:
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:44:48 +0100, "John Dolan"
wrote:

Any ideas as to how to move them on? Neighbour is an old chap and
I dont want to bother him. I thought of recording an owl, or
pigeon in distress to scare them, but it seems a bit far fetched.

All suggestions gratefully received.

12-bore for preference. If you are in a built-up area a .410 is
more suitable.

Air rifle would be even better. Also less lead in the resulting pie.

Taking this one step further, an unloaded air gun fired in their
general direction seems to work for me. Funnily enough, the pigeons
and rooks take the hint and the tits, sparrows and songbirds barely
ruffle their feathers before they are back.

--
ned

....... isn't it a shame that common sense
is not all that common.