Old 06-08-2007, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bob Walsh Bob Walsh is offline

Default Horse Manure

Mark,

Are you growing outside?

I tried it with an ailing cym in an inside growing area and found it almost
oderless. I also found my fungus gnats loved it.

The cym died by the way, but probably would have anyway.

Bob

"Mark_OK" wrote in message
t...
In a Yahoo Orchid group there was a thread on potting in horse manure.
Having a couple of horses and a few plants needing repotting I thought I
would try a little horse manure. My first thought after doing the
repotting was I wonder if the smell will ever diminish not that I find
horse manure offensive. Has anybody else tried this? I really can't see
switching over to manure but if we don't experiment we will never know.

The website is http://www.boschnet.net/horsemanure/

--
Mark Edson
Waukomis Oklahoma, USA