Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default My Tolumnia won't bloom

I haven't seen your window, but 99x of 100, the reason a healthy mature
orchid grows well but won't bloom is insufficient light.

Sometimes the plants will adapt to the lower light in a couple years and
then resume blooming, but after 5 years, I think you're past that point ...
Kenni

"Chris Ridge" wrote in message
. net...
Hi,

I have had a Tolumnia Golden Glow for probably five years now. It's
growing like crazy but I can't get the darn thing to bloom. Awhile back,
I divided it and put half in a clay pot with Prime Agra clay pellets and
mounted the other half on a tree fern slab. The pot is right next to a
western facing window and the mount is about a foot away from the same
window. They're equally happy. I assume it's a light issue? I like this
window because it's in a place where I remember to water them regularly as
they dry out quickly. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris