Old 07-08-2007, 05:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Horse Manure

Mark_OK wrote:
In a Yahoo Orchid group there was a thread on potting in horse manure.
Having a couple of horses and a few plants needing repotting I thought I
would try a little horse manure. My first thought after doing the
repotting was I wonder if the smell will ever diminish not that I find
horse manure offensive. Has anybody else tried this? I really can't see
switching over to manure but if we don't experiment we will never know.

The website is http://www.boschnet.net/horsemanure/

I've never tried it and probably never will. I am glad you showed Nic's
web site. The site, as I had it bookmarked, was gone. I figured the
site died out soon after Nic passed on. I wonder if he moved it or did
someone else move it to a safe place after he died? I remember Nic
posting on OGD. He was so dedicated to his method of growing. It seemed
that he just couldn't understand why everyone wasn't growing their
orchids that way.

Steve