Old 07-08-2007, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Garden Shredder Recommendations

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Hi all

A friend of mine recently bought a shredder for £90 (can't remember the
make off-hand) from one of the sheds and is sorely disappointed with it!
Apparently it blocks easily both with coarse greenery and small
stems/branches.
This machine does not have a separate inlet for twigs and the like and
relies on the user "broggling" the waste into the inlet with a pushing
tool.
Any-old-how, can anyone recommend a garden waste shredder for a fairly
busy garden about 12m wide x 30m long stocked with a variety of shrubs,
bushes and some fruit?

TIA

Phil

Avoid Black and Deckers - I put my brand new B&D shredder into the dustbin
after a couple of weeks - that is all it was fit for! Complete rubbish. Got
fed up of unblocking it every few minutes. In retrospect I wish I'd taken it
back to Homebase and asked for my money back on the grounds that it "was not
fit for purpose".

David.