Old 07-08-2007, 07:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Quiet newsgroup? Some Show Pics - Bulb. Lanium????

Thanks for the tip, Kye.

Diana

"Kye" wrote in message
I love it as a medium. 10 parts washed large or medium perlite to 1 part
good quality sifted peat.

I pot the plants and then apply a light layer of gravel over the top to
stop any perlite washing out, and coz I think it looks good

--
Yours Sincerely
Kye

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Thanks, Dave & Kye. I keep the few Bulbos that we have either mounted or
in a mix based on CHC. I might want to try the peat/perlite.

Diana

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Diana, I'm pretty sure Kye is right. Peat & perlite is a fairly popular
medium
over here.

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 15:24:18 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"

wrote:

It *is* quiet around here. Summer in the States! Thanks for posting
these,
Dave. What is this plant potted in, do you know?

Diana

"Kye" wrote in message
Bulb. echinolabium...?

Kye.

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Things seem very quiet on abpo, so here are three pics from a show I
went
to a
few weeks ago. I had a really bad run with label photos - there was
some
sort
of subsequent id problem with all three.

This first one, as you can see, was apparently labelled Bulb. Lanium.
Neither
Orchid Wiz nor the RHS site lists anything like that name.
Suggestions?
Dave Gillingham

Dave Gillingham