Old 05-08-2007, 07:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Quiet newsgroup? Some Show Pics - Bulb. Lanium????

Things seem very quiet on abpo, so here are three pics from a show I went to a
few weeks ago. I had a really bad run with label photos - there was some sort
of subsequent id problem with all three.

This first one, as you can see, was apparently labelled Bulb. Lanium. Neither
Orchid Wiz nor the RHS site lists anything like that name. Suggestions?
Dave Gillingham

Attached Thumbnails
Quiet newsgroup?  Some Show Pics - Bulb. Lanium????-bulb-unsure.jpg

Old 06-08-2007, 11:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Diana, I'm pretty sure Kye is right. Peat & perlite is a fairly popular medium
over here.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

Honestly it looks about right from what my plant looks like ... Will take a
photo this week if it is still in flower.

--
Yours Sincerely
Kye

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
news
Kye, I really don't know. But doesn't B. echinolabium have much larger
flowers?

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 09:05:59 GMT, "Kye" wrote:

Bulb. echinolabium...?

Kye.

. ..

Old 06-08-2007, 06:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

It's not echinolabium or lasiochilum, couldn't find any valid name even
close to that tag.
-danny

Old 07-08-2007, 01:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

I love it as a medium. 10 parts washed large or medium perlite to 1 part
good quality sifted peat.

I pot the plants and then apply a light layer of gravel over the top to stop
any perlite washing out, and coz I think it looks good