Old 07-08-2007, 02:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Bigger pond picture

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 21:45:56 CST, chatnoir
wrote:

What is that hanging in the trees? Spanish Moss?

Yup, it's Spanish moss. It grows everywhere down here. If you even
stop at a red light long enough, it'll grow on your car. Well, it
isn't quite that fast, but sometimes it seems like it.

Are you in gator
territory?

Northern Florida is full of alligators. A couple of summers ago I had
one in the back pond, though none have made it up to this pond -- yet.

You need some decoration around the pond!:

http://www.deutscheoptik.com/catalog...roducts_id=759

http://www.deutscheoptik.com/catalog...rods/NS804.jpg

I'm thinking the weeds may grow fast enough so I won't have to plant
those.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Hell hath no fury like a bird in the hand