Old 07-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Domje Domje is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
On Aug 6, 12:09 pm, Domje wrote:
Hey guys, i'm new here, and I'm also new to growing things, this is my
first attempt and i'm lost.

Basically, i'm trying to grow a watermelon plant (?) on my windowsil
(for now..) I don't have a greenhouse or any kind of outdoor place to
grow it, apart from a small garden). I started by reading a few guides
on how to plant the seeds and I have some small plants growing now.
Here are some pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/ysqpylhttp://tiny...url.com/22t62t

(I didn't want to link the actual images in the thread because they're
about 1000x750res)

Im now wondering where to go from here, do I move them to a bigger pot,
to somewhere bigger or will they be fine where they are for now? I've
been watering them about once or twice a week (as I read on a few
guides online).

Thanks for your help in advance.

(by the way, i'm living in north east of england, where at the moment
the temprature is around 17-23°c)

- Dom

--
Domje

Don't know if you'll get enough sun or heat to expect watermelons.
Are there local farmers who grow them there?

You can cut down the seedlings leaving 2 strongest ones and also move
to a larger pot or into the garden. If nothing else you'll have some
nice looking leaves.

Im not entirely sure about local farmers, but I think there are, as they sell them on the local market in my town.

if watermelon wasn't a good thing to start on what would you recommend, I would quite like to grow my own veg, not indoors, but maybe in my garden or something, not tomatos though, but maybe some other fruit/veg.

thanks