Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default My Tolumnia won't bloom

(((LOL)))
"Ray B" wrote in message
Please forgive me (especially you Aussies)... I don't know where this came
from.

"My tolumnia just won't bloom.
My tolumnia just won't bloom,

I moved the thing all over the place,
Misted it 'til I was blue in the face.

I'm a big disgrace to the orchidgrowing race,
My tolumnia just won't bloom."

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
I don't have many, but the ones I have are mounted and hang *under* the
Vandas. They grow and bloom like crazy.

Diana

"jadel" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 5, 10:59 pm, "Chris Ridge" wrote:
Hi,

I have had a Tolumnia Golden Glow for probably five years now. It's
growing
like crazy but I can't get the darn thing to bloom. Awhile back, I
divided
it and put half in a clay pot with Prime Agra clay pellets and mounted
the
other half on a tree fern slab. The pot is right next to a western
facing
window and the mount is about a foot away from the same window.
They're
equally happy. I assume it's a light issue? ...

Yes, tolumnias need a -lot- of light to bloom.

J. Del Col