Old 08-08-2007, 12:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Wheelhorse cut some brush

"Clark" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
Couldn't wait for a DR field and brush. Really didn't want to use my
"good" Wheelhorse (520H the last year before Toro took over) - but I
don't have decks on the heavy old Cub Cadets or Sears Suburbans so I
gave it a go. I was careful to avoid the heavy brush (1/2" and
bigger) but the smaller ones and brambles, etc got chewed up pretty
good. I was thinking of Clark as the 3/4" pieces of broken branches
went flying in a cloud of dust LOL. When I get a chance I'll make
a pass through with a tractor and chains and pull some of the bigger
stuff right out.

Actually Srgnt, my little Toro takes care of that kinda stuff too,
even with a dull blade, worst thing that happens is I jump a belt.
(In the middle of a poison ivy patch) yea my luck.

I have much higher hopes for the DYS 4500 with the "new" blades as I
have mowed over a Tiger Lilly with much success, (well it nearly
threw me from my seat but I didn't stall it)! :-)

Clark

Hey - there ya go. I think the problem was you should have gotten
the DYS 4500 "A".
Good luck Bud.

When I get a chance I'll make a
pass through with a tractor and chains and pull some of the bigger
stuff right out.

I don't have a tractor yet, I throw the Jeep Grand Cherokee in Low 4wd and
take my foot off the brake :-)
Clark

Great minds ... I just pulled my Cherokee in the yard with landscape
trailer and JD 110 in tow. The Cherokee has been up the woods roads most
days this past couple weeks helping me build a 10 by 12 shed. That's why I
wanted to widen the road.