Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Worms for indoor plants?

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:56:21 -0700, Mike C
wrote:

I have several very large pots with plants indoors. The soil looks
very packed down. I don't really want to replace the soil as it is
very messy and dificult in these big pots. I was wondering if putting
a few worms in there would help. Is that crazy?

couldn't hurt...

but it sounds like you need to cultivate that packed soil to allow
oxygen to reach the roots. depending on the type of plant -- shallow
roots or deep roots -- you need to dig around and loosen the packed
soil. that is what is what is meant by "cultivate" in this case.

how about the roots? are they sticking out? need to repot?