Old 09-08-2007, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Horse Manure

Did you tell them to just follow a horse for a while and see what happens?

Mark_OK wrote:
A poster on the Yahoo group wants to know where he/she can find and buy
some horse manure!

"Steve" wrote in message

Mark_OK wrote:

In a Yahoo Orchid group there was a thread on potting in horse
manure. Having a couple of horses and a few plants needing repotting
I thought I would try a little horse manure. My first thought after
doing the repotting was I wonder if the smell will ever diminish not
that I find horse manure offensive. Has anybody else tried this? I
really can't see switching over to manure but if we don't experiment
we will never know.

The website is http://www.boschnet.net/horsemanure/

I've never tried it and probably never will. I am glad you showed
Nic's web site. The site, as I had it bookmarked, was gone. I figured
the site died out soon after Nic passed on. I wonder if he moved it or
did someone else move it to a safe place after he died? I remember Nic
posting on OGD. He was so dedicated to his method of growing. It
seemed that he just couldn't understand why everyone wasn't growing
their orchids that way.

Steve