Old 09-08-2007, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default identifing my atco lawnmower

"Durleybob" wrote in message
news

I've just been given an old Atco cylinder mower. As far as I know it is
a runner, but would dearly like to get hold of a service manual. I'm
turning it into a restoration/modify project. I believe it is from the
60's or 70's and I need to identify what model it is.... any starters
would be helpful. i.e. websites. Thankyou

You'll almost certainly find that the engine is a 75g14, ie a 75cc iron
engine, later models had the awesome 98cc, and then the A98, with the
lighter racing aluminium engine. Even later still came electronic ignition.
This series of engines has been fitted to Qualcast, Atco, and Suffolk mowers
since the dawn of time. They're all much of a muchness, and they're now all
under the Bosch banner, but don't bother asking Bosch for parts.

Steve