Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered User

Question identifing my atco lawnmower

I've just been given an old Atco cylinder mower. As far as I know it is a runner, but would dearly like to get hold of a service manual. I'm turning it into a restoration/modify project. I believe it is from the 60's or 70's and I need to identify what model it is.... any starters would be helpful. i.e. websites. Thankyou
Old 09-08-2007, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default identifing my atco lawnmower

"Durleybob" wrote in message
news

I've just been given an old Atco cylinder mower. As far as I know it is
a runner, but would dearly like to get hold of a service manual. I'm
turning it into a restoration/modify project. I believe it is from the
60's or 70's and I need to identify what model it is.... any starters
would be helpful. i.e. websites. Thankyou

You'll almost certainly find that the engine is a 75g14, ie a 75cc iron
engine, later models had the awesome 98cc, and then the A98, with the
lighter racing aluminium engine. Even later still came electronic ignition.
This series of engines has been fitted to Qualcast, Atco, and Suffolk mowers
since the dawn of time. They're all much of a muchness, and they're now all
under the Bosch banner, but don't bother asking Bosch for parts.

Steve

Old 09-08-2007, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Durleybob" wrote in message
news

I've just been given an old Atco cylinder mower. As far as I know it is
a runner, but would dearly like to get hold of a service manual. I'm
turning it into a restoration/modify project. I believe it is from the
60's or 70's and I need to identify what model it is.... any starters
would be helpful. i.e. websites. Thankyou

I have one and I really like using it. It still does a lovely job as long as
the grass doesn't get too long.

You will find some historical info he
http://www.atco.co.uk/ and the wonderful
http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/ lookin the mower of the month archive
for old atcos

Tim w

Old 09-08-2007, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tim W" wrote in message

"Durleybob" wrote in message
news

I've just been given an old Atco cylinder mower. As far as I know it is
a runner, but would dearly like to get hold of a service manual. I'm
turning it into a restoration/modify project. I believe it is from the
60's or 70's and I need to identify what model it is.... any starters
would be helpful. i.e. websites. Thankyou

I have one and I really like using it. It still does a lovely job as long
as the grass doesn't get too long.

You will find some historical info he
http://www.atco.co.uk/ and the wonderful
http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/ lookin the mower of the month archive
for old atcos

Tim w

I have often made reference on this site to an Atco Rotoscythe I had which
took down a half acre field of bramble and nettle to having horses grazing
on it.

You will find it
http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/mo...76-atcorot.htm

A truly wonderful maching which NEVER let me down. Lower the handles and
slowly walk into a jungle and the path is made :-))))

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk