Old 09-08-2007, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default identifing my atco lawnmower

"Tim W" wrote in message

"Durleybob" wrote in message
news

I've just been given an old Atco cylinder mower. As far as I know it is
a runner, but would dearly like to get hold of a service manual. I'm
turning it into a restoration/modify project. I believe it is from the
60's or 70's and I need to identify what model it is.... any starters
would be helpful. i.e. websites. Thankyou

I have one and I really like using it. It still does a lovely job as long
as the grass doesn't get too long.

You will find some historical info he
http://www.atco.co.uk/ and the wonderful
http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/ lookin the mower of the month archive
for old atcos

Tim w

I have often made reference on this site to an Atco Rotoscythe I had which
took down a half acre field of bramble and nettle to having horses grazing
on it.

You will find it
http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/mo...76-atcorot.htm

A truly wonderful maching which NEVER let me down. Lower the handles and
slowly walk into a jungle and the path is made :-))))

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk