Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Cass

Default urban renewal (Was: best roses for Albuquerque, NM)

Regina
wrote:
Cass wrote:

I also whacked an Austin this year, not to 1 foot but to 2 feet.
Looks good so far.

Which one? And OR or grafted? I have heard that Graham Thomas is
more restrained OR, so I am trying it that way just to see what it
will do.

Grafted Hero, pos. One great flush followed by the rust bloom.

Then there's New Dawn, which takes nearly a week of effort from me
every year. And then I stop because I'm sick of getting wrapped up
in those flexible thorny death trap canes. I wore the wrong clothing
in the stint yesterday afternoon and couldn't pull free with my usual
abandon. If I never show up again, look in ND for my body.

That's a brute. Westerland ripped a hole in my sweat pants, or so I
finally discovered at bedtime after I walked around all day with a vent
on my backside which no one in my family felt the need to mention.