Old 11-08-2007, 11:47 PM posted to aus.gardens
none none is offline

Default brushwood fencing

Brushwood fences are very flammable. They were highly popular around
Annandale in Sydney about 25 years ago and you'd see several on each
street until the local pyro discovered how easy it is to set them on
fire. The whole lot went up in days. They are much easier to light than
wood fences or hedges which are generally still green and not so easy to
get going. Fire retardant would be needed if it was on a street facing
fence.

And hey, stop fussing about spelling! Just call it cracker night!

Maybe because he doesn't live in Melbourne he doesn't know how to
spell Fawkes

but the fences he refers to were hedges

Where he lives doesnt matter. He's not who were after.
Re hedges, he's got the general idea, but still any wooden fence can be
set alight, the brush ones probably more so. But some may be treated
with a fire retardent. Wish we could fix the retards that wish to set
fences alight.
Looks like Mr Savage made a "Faux pas"
The term comes from French and literally means "false step". However, it
is a formal rather than everyday expression in French and does not
generally have the figurative meaning used in English.
We were concerend about the name. Its not everyday some tries to blow up
parliament. We'd better get his name right. We dont want to blame the
wrong person, or lend him our sim card.

thin