Old 02-04-2003, 03:20 AM

Default Red Thread Disease

"Andrew Perl" wrote:
Dave,

You will have to treat it with a fungicide. I have used sprays in the
past. I used a preventative treatment last year and did not have any
problems. The stuff I got contained a fungicide called Bayleton. I did a
quick check and found that Bayer Advanced now carries a lawn fundicide
that not only cures many fungi (included red thread), but also acts as
systemic preventative. The chemical is absorbed by the grass plants and
helps the grass become more resistant to future infections.

Good luck.

Andrew in KC

Bayleton is what I'd suggest too. It gives you around a 30 day residual.
(1% granular..corn cob carrier)

Dunno about the Bayer product. (?)

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops