Old 12-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Winsford Winsford is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerboa View Post
I was looking to purchase some Fargesia Nitida, but have been told
that it is currently flowering and any that I purchase will probably
die. Is this true?
I understand it is true. But it takes many years to go around, and even if your plant flowers and is ultimately doomed, it will take a while to die, particularly if it's an instance of 'partial flowering'. It is after all, a natural event and leads to masses of seed, which can lead to new varieties. All too often, any mention of bamboo flowering brings 'gloom'. But rather than think of the glass 'half empty', think of it as being 'half full'. You can of course choose another bamboo . . . . .
www.winsfordwalledgarden.com
Large garden-based website. Gardens open daily (April-October). New Gardening forums