Old 12-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Fuzzbuzz Fuzzbuzz is offline
Registered User

Default Oh What to Do With My Maple

Hi, this is the first time I've used this forum, hope it works for me.
I have what I believe to ba a fully grown Japanese Maple of the Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood' kind (at least that's what the pictures tell me it is!!) As you can tell I'm not much of a gardener. This tree stand at about 4ft tall and 3ft wide. It has beautiful blood red 'feather-like' leaves on the outside and green 'feather-like' leaves on the outside.

I inherited this tree when I bought this house, it lives in a tiny border in my back yard, and like I said, I'm not much of a gardener, so do nothing with it. I was going to get rid of the tree, but a friend of mine said that these trees at this height, are rare and valuable, I don't know if she was teasing me or not. Can anyone advise me?

Thank you