Old 12-08-2007, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mark_OK Mark_OK is offline

Default Phal Secondary Bloom

What about keiki growth? I generally cut the spike off unless it looks like
a growth might be forming on the spike. I've never had a plant form a keiki
off the spike yet. If the growth turns out to be a new spike I do cut them
off - unless I feel the need to experiment.

"Ray B" wrote in message
Personally, I think it's a mistake to do so.

Read this: http://www.firstrays.com/spike_cutting.htm

"Maddie" wrote in message
I once read that you can encourage a secondary blooming on a phal but
cutting it just above the second node from the bottom. I did this and
it's been about 6-8 weeks with no sign of the spike growing again. Should
I just cut the spike all the way to the bottom?

Thanks.

Maddie