Old 13-08-2007, 02:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
jeffc jeffc is offline

Default Ants or bees or what?

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

"Lar" wrote in message
Eigenvector wrote:
Are these anthills/holes in my sideyard? I'd love to get rid of them
and stop the invasion of moles in my yard. Presumably the moles are
looking for the insects.

http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/P8120119.JPG

hard to tell by the picture, but if it were digger bees, or ants also, I
would think if you just sat nearby and watched for 10 minutes activity
would be seen.

Lar

Tried that, nada. Perhaps they're early morning or dusk creatures?

I'm no expert, but I don't think they're ants. I have some similar holes,
and it's some other little bug that crawls in there (I live in NC, so it
probably isn't comparable.) You've watched and seen nothing? I'd dig a
couple up if it were me. But beware of a bee or wasp coming out :-)