Old 13-08-2007, 04:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default New riding mower purchase

Dave wrote:

[....]

I will continue to bad-mouth Lowes.

earlier this summer I'd been contracted to install a
landscaping fence. the customer wanted to use a product
she had seen at lowes. I called the contractor's desk
and gave to them all of their part numbers and then ask
them to check and be sure they did have all of the necessary
parts in stock at that lowes store. when the lowers person
said yes we do have them I told him I'd be there in about 30
minutes to pick them up and could he start the process of
getting them together. I ask for his name and told him I'd
ask for him when I arrived. I found him when I arrived and
he had totaled the sale so I paid him in cash. I asked if
he had time to collect the parts and he said he had a fellow
working on it. just as he said that a man walked up saying he
could not find any of that kind of fence anywhere in the fence
section. the man who I now will call doofus liar began the
back peddle of telling me how he could have the parts there
first thing next morning. I told him in no uncertain terms
of how he'd already lied to me once and why would he not be
lying to me now.. I got loud, loud like the country boy I
am while demanding a full refund of the cash I had just given
him as well as thanking him for wasting my time, which was the
only thing I thanked doofus liar for.

doofus liar never would admit how he'd not called in a crane to
lift his quadruple chin porker beast self out of the chair so he
could waddle over to the fence section to truly verify the parts
were in stock. he just kept mumbling, "the computer said".

not to be sent home in defeat, I drove another mile or two and
went into the Home Depot. located all the parts needed and after
the sales person totaled the sale it turned out to be 90 dollars
cheaper.