Old 14-08-2007, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport
Graham Harrison Graham Harrison is offline

Default Going north from South of Bristol

I need to make a journey from Wincanton to Pershore. It seems to me that I
have several options and if anyone has experience of any of them I'd be
grateful.

1) Straight through Shepton to Bristol M32/M4/M5
2) Bath then A46 then? I could go M4/M5 or up through the Cotswolds (and
that raises some questions) or cut across north of Bristol to the M5.
3) I don't think going south of Bristol to the M5 is worthwhile but .....

This will be a day trip so I'd be going AM and returning PM. I'm flexible
about those times so if leaving at 0600 to get through Bristol is a good
idea it's doable. Similarly, if it makes sense to avoid Bristol at certain
times in the PM I can either go on to see friends in Worcester and come home
late or, since I only need an hour or so in Pershore, I can get back through
before the worst probably.

I did think about trains but I may well be purchasing something and I would
need the car to transport it back.

Thanks.