Old 14-08-2007, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

Default Going north from South of Bristol

I need to make a journey from Wincanton to Pershore. It seems to me that I
have several options and if anyone has experience of any of them I'd be
grateful.

1) Straight through Shepton to Bristol M32/M4/M5
2) Bath then A46 then? I could go M4/M5 or up through the Cotswolds (and
that raises some questions) or cut across north of Bristol to the M5.
3) I don't think going south of Bristol to the M5 is worthwhile but .....

This will be a day trip so I'd be going AM and returning PM. I'm flexible
about those times so if leaving at 0600 to get through Bristol is a good
idea it's doable. Similarly, if it makes sense to avoid Bristol at certain
times in the PM I can either go on to see friends in Worcester and come home
late or, since I only need an hour or so in Pershore, I can get back through
before the worst probably.

I did think about trains but I may well be purchasing something and I would
need the car to transport it back.

Thanks.

Old 14-08-2007, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message news
[...]

Not sure how I managed to get this here. I certainly didn't mean to.
Apologies.

Old 14-08-2007, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

Graham Harrison wrote:
[...]

Shepton - Keynsham - A4174 ring road to M32 then M4/M5 would be my choice
if it's early (A4174 car share lane slows it all down at rush hour)

Old 14-08-2007, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:34:59 +0100, Graham Harrison wrote
(in article ):

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message news
I need to make a journey from Wincanton to Pershore. It seems to me that
I have several options and if anyone has experience of any of them I'd be
grateful.

snip journey details

Not sure how I managed to get this here. I certainly didn't mean to.
Apologies.

Oh, I don't know. I was trying to visualise what kind of enormous plant you
might be buying in Pershore :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation

Old 14-08-2007, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

Graham Harrison wrote:
[...]

Don't go through Bath!

Alan Jones

Old 14-08-2007, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

I need to make a journey from Wincanton to Pershore. It seems to me
that
I have several options and if anyone has experience of any of them I'd
be
grateful.

snip journey details

Not sure how I managed to get this here. I certainly didn't mean to.
Apologies.

Oh, I don't know. I was trying to visualise what kind of enormous plant
you
might be buying in Pershore :-)

I thought that maybe he was going to buy some thing exotic at Mulu :-)

Old 14-08-2007, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

In message , Graham Harrison
writes
[...]

Going North of Bristol - are you absolutely sure that it is necessary or
wise?
--
Robert
Old 15-08-2007, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

Robert wrote:
In message , Graham Harrison
writes
[...]

There be dragons?

--
Moving things in still pictures!
Old 15-08-2007, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

®i©ardo wrote:
Robert wrote:
Going North of Bristol - are you absolutely sure that it is
necessary or wise?

There be dragons?

And monsters. Girt big monsters.

Old 15-08-2007, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

Brimstone wrote:
®i©ardo wrote:
Robert wrote:
Going North of Bristol - are you absolutely sure that it is
necessary or wise?

There be dragons?

And monsters. Girt big monsters.

Gurt, please!

;-)

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Old 15-08-2007, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

®i©ardo wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
®i©ardo wrote:
Robert wrote:
Going North of Bristol - are you absolutely sure that it is
necessary or wise?
There be dragons?

And monsters. Girt big monsters.

Gurt, please!

;-)

Dialectical differences. ;-)

Old 15-08-2007, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

Brimstone wrote:
®i©ardo wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
®i©ardo wrote:
Robert wrote:
Going North of Bristol - are you absolutely sure that it is
necessary or wise?
There be dragons?
And monsters. Girt big monsters.

Gurt, please!

;-)

Dialectical differences. ;-)

I'll drink to that. A pint of 'alf 'n alf please my babs.

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Old 15-08-2007, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport

Brimstone wrote:
®i©ardo wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
®i©ardo wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
®i©ardo wrote:
Robert wrote:
Going North of Bristol - are you absolutely sure that it is
necessary or wise?
There be dragons?
And monsters. Girt big monsters.

Gurt, please!

;-)
Dialectical differences. ;-)

I'll drink to that. A pint of 'alf 'n alf please my babs.

Where's mine?

Still on the counter...

--
Moving things in still pictures!