Old 15-08-2007, 12:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default New riding mower purchase

Dave wrote:
Went back and read the thread. Now, I understand where Eggs was coming
from.

The place the Lowes extended warranty people referred my problem to is:
http://www.hillcountryoutdoor.com/
I called them today. Guy answering said a woman at their location has to
filter the job first regarding warranty. She's out sick... He also said
they should have received a fax regarding the specifics of the job and my
information. Call back if nothing heard by Wednesday, he said.

If they do arrive, they will be P.O.ed as there is little wrong with it. No
chipped or faded paint as well. I washed it after the first and only mow.
They will make enough money to pay for transportation and labor/parts.

Let me tell you what you should probably expect. Troy-bilt will not
cover it because it is not a defect in materials or workmanship. It is
actually Lowes fault for not putting it together right but they will not
be able to comprehend that and may even resort to "It was okay when we
delivered it."
Hopefully the "extended warranty" you mention is really a protection
plan. If that is the case then it should kick in and pay the Hill
Country people for their time and effort. Protection plans pay for
pretty much anything except obvious physical abuse. Warranties, on the
other hand, only pay for factory defects.
Don't be too hard on the Hill Country people. They did not sell the
machine and they are in business to make a living not clean up after
some dolt at Lowes that can't follow simple assembly instructions. They
need to be paid by someone for their work.

--
Art