Old 15-08-2007, 03:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Hold the DR field & brush

I've gone back to my old method - a good round-point shovel and a sharp axe
plus my lopping shears. I had that one 8" stump in a bad place - right on a
sharp turn. After I got that out by cutting a couple roots on the uphill
side and hooking the tractor and chain on the downhill side - I decided I'd
start on the worst of the brush. Just a couple shots with the axe - one or
two on each side - I got quite a few out roots and all. Maybe I'll hold off
on the DR.