Old 15-08-2007, 04:00 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default Hold the DR field & brush

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
I've gone back to my old method - a good round-point shovel and a sharp
axe plus my lopping shears. I had that one 8" stump in a bad place -
right on a sharp turn. After I got that out by cutting a couple roots on
the uphill side and hooking the tractor and chain on the downhill side -
I decided I'd start on the worst of the brush. Just a couple shots with
the axe - one or two on each side - I got quite a few out roots and all.
Maybe I'll hold off on the DR.

A sawzall comes in handy on those jobs too if you can supply electricity to
it.

Good job OM.