Old 16-08-2007, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Birdhouse gourd update

In article fc.003d0941022ea859003d0941022ea859.22ea85a@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

I have two becoming even-more-prolific birdhouse gourd plants. The first
one planted in the ground has several baby gourds on it! Considering they
have never gotten past the six-inch height in past years, I consider this
amazing. :-)

Mine always exhibited explosive growth!

The two luffa plants are also doing very well. The first one planted in
the ground is considerably larger and with more separate vines which would
be expected. However, neither of them has had any blossoms. I also
consider these a success because they, also, have never gotten past the
six-inch height in past years.

Probably all the rain... Gourds and their ilk do enjoy a lot of water
sometimes. I've never grown Loofa, but Aquarena Springs Park used to
grow them on their fence.

The tomatoes may not be getting ripe very fast, but it looks like a good
vine year here. It's a shame I didn't remember cucumbers this year. The
acorn squash is also going wild, but, also, I didn't plant pumpkins
either. :-(

Happy gardening.

Glenna

Watermelon... G