Old 15-08-2007, 07:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Birdhouse gourd update

I have two becoming even-more-prolific birdhouse gourd plants. The first
one planted in the ground has several baby gourds on it! Considering they
have never gotten past the six-inch height in past years, I consider this
amazing. :-)

The two luffa plants are also doing very well. The first one planted in
the ground is considerably larger and with more separate vines which would
be expected. However, neither of them has had any blossoms. I also
consider these a success because they, also, have never gotten past the
six-inch height in past years.

The tomatoes may not be getting ripe very fast, but it looks like a good
vine year here. It's a shame I didn't remember cucumbers this year. The
acorn squash is also going wild, but, also, I didn't plant pumpkins
either. :-(

Happy gardening.

Glenna

Looking for bottle gourd/snake gourd plants/seeds Bluebee North Carolina 0 09-05-2008 03:58 AM
Birdhouse orientation? Gene Texas 0 24-03-2007 06:17 PM
Birdhouse gourd suggestions dstvns Gardening 5 16-09-2003 10:02 PM
need simple birdhouse ideas Adrian Lundgren Gardening 8 01-06-2003 03:32 AM
birdhouse gourds michele Gardening 7 08-04-2003 04:20 PM