Old 16-08-2007, 04:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Wahhh!!! The garden's gone!

Between the heat (heat index has been anywhere from 102-125 the last
couple of weeks) and the lack of rain, the veggie garden is gone -
despite all my sprinkler system watering every day (early morning &
again late evening)

The only thing still hanging around are the crowder peas. But they are
going downhill fast.

The various tomatoes & peppers are planted in my flower bed among the
roses, glads, hostas, & lilies. Thankfully, all of those are thriving!
for now anyways.....

Put up some stewed tomatoes in the freezer the day before yesterday.
Surprisingly, I had 23 all ripen at the same time, and what's even more
surprising is that they escaped my frying pan!