Old 17-08-2007, 02:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Mottled leaf paphs.

I have a Paph Magic Lantern I'd dearly love to see bloom once before I die.
I bloomed it last in 1996 - 7, somewhere in there...

It grows but doesn't bloom. I think I saw a bud last year but I top watered
and it damped off. Leaf span is about 5 inches, tip to tip. It sits
relatively close to the swamp cooler, so highs may be about 80-85, lows
about 60 at night in summer to 52-55 in winter. Cattleya light. I've been
good about feeding and watering weakly weekly this year. Humidity 50-70%.
Evenly moist mostly. Potted in fine bark (3:1, bark: #3 perlite) in plastic
pot, not over potted. I repotted in April, roots had good growing tips.
(yellow? I htink they were yellow but don't quote me.)

Magic Lantern is micranthum x delenatii

K Barrett

What am I doing wrong?