Old 17-08-2007, 10:18 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jon[_3_] Jon[_3_] is offline

Default Orange tree fruiting??

George W. Frost wrote:
"Jon" wrote in message
u...
Sandra Bodycoat wrote:
Hi
Our orange tree is laden with blossoms, now I know in the years 05 & 06
we were getting fruit off the trees in June - Aug, so what has happened?
Thanks
Sandra

Every ones confused?
Where are you living?

Hazard a guess West OZ
My orange tree has fruit on it now in Vic but not as many as two years ago

As was written by others just now.
Plants tomatoes oranges etc will fruit when stressed.
Lack of water being the main reason.
When a plant thinks its close to dying, it will throw its remaining
strenght into flowers.
So remove the reason of its stress and it may come back to normal behavior.
Also, plants will think its an early spring when temperature is warmer
than normal early on, and start to flower.
Profusion is the first way, early flowering the second.
I have noticed with lemons, and orange trees they can and do flower all
year round if temps are higher than normal, reflecting their origin.
Wait and see and water without overdoing things. They hate wet feet too.
See if pests are on leaves as that is also a sign of stress, they reckon
they van attack because it cant resist them due to weakness.
Isnt that typical?