Old 18-08-2007, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jan Flora Jan Flora is offline

Default Jan / Wahhh!!! The garden's gone!

In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

Jan Flora wrote:
*snip*
Hey Rae, tell me how to put stewed 'maters up in the freezer!

Jan

It's really easy... If you can them, then freezing is very similar, just
put in a bag instead of a jar.

Stew them down with whatever seasonings you like, or plain. Cool and
pour into freezer containers or bags. Ours get used pretty quickly, but
they should keep at least 6 months without freezer burning. Can also
prepare to freezer the same way as peas, blanch a few minutes & go for
it. When I add seasonings, then I let them stew down awhile. If I don't
add seasonings, then I just blanch & freeze. They are still good
either way.

Thanks, kiddo!!

Jan